DSW Spotlights

Roja Interactive

Founded by DSW resident, Jason O’Mara, learn how Roja Interactive works alongside businesses and organizations to help them build better online experiences.

website design philadelphia

Business owner/manager name

Jason O'Mara

About the business

Roja Interactive is a Philadelphia web design and SEO firm based in Center City, Philadelphia.

Founded by Dickinson Square West resident, Jason O’Mara, Roja Interactive works alongside businesses and organizations to help them define and achieve their digital goals through intelligent planning, results-based website design, and effective digital marketing campaigns.

We caught up with DSW resident and founder, Jason O’Mara, to get to know a little more about his business….

Tell us about your business and its mission and/or values.

It’s our mission to help businesses and organizations grow through smart and effective digital marketing.  We do this by providing beautiful and functional websites that rank well in search engines and convert visitors into prospects. 90% of the websites we build are custom designed and coded based on a business’ brand and ultimate goals. The other 10% of our work is modification of template-based websites that a individual or business may request due to budgetary limits or preference.

Excellent custom service is at the heart or everything we do. If you’re looking to build a new website, revamp your existing website, increase website visits, and/or generate more customers/sales, we can help you. And, in those times that our service may not be the right fit for you, we’ll help guide you to an alternative solution or partner.

Ultimately, our goal is to help you achieve your goals. We are obsessed with helping businesses grow. Browse our Google reviews to learn why our clients love working with us.

Tell us about yourself.

jason omaraI’ve been a resident of South Philly since 1997 and a resident of DSW since 2010. My wife and I own a home on Watkins St. I used to be a music teacher and made a pivot to tech in 2005, when I started building websites as a freelancer. I worked for a Malvern-based advertising agency as a web designer, developer and SEO from 2007-2010. In 2010, I left the agency to start my own firm, Roja Interactive.

In my spare time, I’m a freelance professional musician. Over the years, I’ve had the privilege to back up a handful of artists, including Natalie Cole, Frankie Valli, Wayne Newton, Frank Sinatra, Jr., Teddy Pendergrass, The O’Jays, Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes, The Temptations, Randy Brecker, and James Moody. I’m currently involved with Nik Greeley & the Operators (funk/soul/rock), The New Jersey Saxophone Quartet (chamber music), Elvis Bonilla Y Su Orquesta (salsa) and the Jack Saint Clair Orchestra (jazz big band), the latter which has a monthly residency at La Rose Jazz Cafe in Germantown the 1st Thursday of every month.

I’m also a die-hard Eagles fan.

How long been in business?

I founded our web design company in Philadelphia in 2010. We’re proud to call a handful of area businesses our customers, including Philly Express Athletics, Giordano Groceries, and the Dickinson Square West Civic Association.

In 2015, I created a sister company called Appetizing Sites. Appetizing Sites is a turnkey website design service geared specifically for restaurants and bars. Our websites for restaurants and bars include custom-branding, hosting, email, SEO and monthly maintenance – all for one price that fits nicely into the  operating expenses of a typical local restaurant or bar. Our customers range from notable BYOBs like Little Fish to larger franchises like Tony Luke’s and Chaps Pit Beef from Baltimore.

What attracted you to the area?

Initially, I moved to DSW in 2010 mainly because of the cheap rent. Over time, I came to really love the neighborhood (especially after the Dickinson Square Park revamp) and ended up buying a home here in 2014. It’s been amazing to see how much the neighborhood has changed and grown since 2010. I’m proud to be a part of it and looking forward to seeing continued growth and, hopefully, more businesses.

What do you like most about your neighborhood?

There are so many things…. I love the diversity of the DSW residents. I love it’s close proximity to Passyunk Ave, Center City, and i95. I love it’s walkability. I’m also a big fan of Dickinson Square Park.

Is there anything you’d like to promote to current and future customers?

To learn more about Roja Interactive, visit rojaweb.com. To learn more about Appetizing Sites, visit appetizingsites.com. Please refer us to any individuals, businesses, organizations, restaurants, bars, etc. looking for a custom designed website and/or SEO.

Thanks for featuring our business!

All the best,